Huntleigh Ability Unit
Huntleigh Healthcare’s Dopplex hand-held Doppler range has been globally recognised as the product of choice for Ankle Brachial Index (ABI) measurements over the past 25 years. Our unrivalled knowledge in this field has enabled us to identify the difficulties facing clinicians in calculating ABIs and the time pressures facing them, whilst also working to improve patient throughput, outcomes and comfort.
Now with the Dopplex Ability Automatic ABI system, Ankle Brachial Index has never been simpler or quicker. Its portability enables measurements to be made more efficiently in the primary care clinic, hospital or patient’s home. This can lead to the prioritisation of clinical services by improving clinical pathways.
ABIs are calculated easily and accurately in 3 minutes without the need to rest the patient. Results are automatically calculated, interpreted and displayed with Pulse Volume waveforms on the LCD panel. The test results can be printed on either thermal paper or adhesive-backed label paper via the integral printer.
- Extremely easy to use and fully automatic - Minimal training required
- No need to rest patient for 15 mins - Reduces total test time
- Rapid bi-lateral ABI measurement in 3 mins - Simultaneous measurements reduces time
- ABI can now be undertaken by healthcare support staff - Makes the measurement more cost-effective
- No need to remove patient’s socks or tights - Maintains patient comfort and dignity
- Easy to apply 4 cuff system - Improves patient experience
- Portable and powered by mains or rechargeable battery - For home or clinical environments
- Integral printer for documentation of results and waveforms - Instant hard copy for patient notes and reimbursement
- Automatic interpretation of ABI - Reduces operator error
- Accurate reproducible results - Clinically proven by recent studies