Positive Expiratory Pressure (PEP) therapy is used to mobilize secretions. Acapella® by ICU Medical combines the benefits of both PEP therapy and airway vibrations to mobilize pulmonary secretions and can be used in virtually any position allowing patients to move freely and sit, stand or recline.
It improves clearance of secretions, is easier to tolerate than Chest Physical Therapy (CPT), takes less than half the time of conventional CPT sessions* and facilitates opening of airways in patients with lung diseases with secretory problems such as COPD, asthma and Cystic Fibrosis. You can adjust the acapella® frequency and flow resistance simply by turning an adjustment dial
- Allows inhalation and exhalation without removing from mouth
- Prolongs expiratory airflow to increase removal of secretions
- Can be used with mask or mouthpiece attachment
- Allows use with inline nebulizer when fitted with tee adapter.
- Accommodates virtually any patient’s lung capacity.
- Can be used in any position - patient is free to sit, stand or recline
** CODE: SM278000 SM Acapella Choice Blue replaces all earlier codes below.
CODE: SM279000 Acapella Duet - >10L/min expiratory flow requirement
CODE: SM277000 Acapella Choice - >10L/min expiratory flow requirement
CODE: SM211530 Acapella DH - >15L/min expiratory flow requirement
CODE: SM211015 Acapella DM BLUE - < >15L/min expiratory flow requirement