Incentive spirometers are used to help patients improve the functioning of their lungs.The breathing exercises are designed to help patients take long deep breaths, similar to a yawn. The deep breathing improves the ability to clear mucus from the lungs and may also increase the amount of oxygen getting into the lungs.
The Portex Coach 2® incentive spirometer by Smiths Medical makes incentive spirometry easier for patients and clinicians alike.
- One-way valve ensures patients inhale rather than exhale
- Flexible tubing
- Brightly colored piston
- Universal graphics
- Instructions for use on base
- Oxygen port for patient requiring supplemental oxygen
- Bedrail holder
- Easily adjustable to suit each patients’ needs
- The bright color makes it easier to see for patients emerging from the effects of anesthesia
- Easy to train
- Stays with the patient (can be used in hospital and/or in the home) , aiding compliance
- Coach® 2 for Kids features colorful deep-sea characters, games, puzzles and stickers